Sunday, 4 May 2014

Homefun - Week 1, Term 2


Your writing task for this week is to make up an exciting story based on this picture prompt. What do you think it happening? If you look really carefully it looks as though the shark is giving the diver a high five! How will you write your story? Will it be from the perspective of the shark or the diver?

Here's an example:

Just keep swimming, swimming, swim....hang on a minute, what's that? Two legs, hands, small knobbly head. Why, it's a human! What a treat! It's not often we see anyone this far own in the ocean. How can I get him to come closer? I know, I know...I'll just stretch my arm out and give him a friendly high five. That's right human...just a little closer. It's working, it's working! See, I'm not so scary, am I? Now I'll just give him a smile and "cheeeeese"...oh no! What happened? The human is swimming away! He's back in the boat. Was it my teeth? It's always the teeth. It's not as if I wanted to eat him or anything!


Now it's your turn. Get creative and write your story in the comments section below :) 

4 comments:

  1. I swam closer and closer to the big black figure sitting on the ocean floor. ''He will taste good for my dinner''I said to myself. Just as i got ready to pounce onto the black figure ,it slowly turned around with a surprised face.The look on his face made me laugh so hard i decided to high five him instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What wonderful writing, Elisa! You've used some fabulous language, like "pounced", "black figure" and "surprised face". I like your use of speech marks too - keep up the good work.

      Delete
  2. I am Miss Chalmers the shark. I like to give people hi-five's and play games. Some people are afraid of me but I wont eat them, I only eat fish and coral.

    I AM HAPPY SHARK..........unless I want to eat YOU!!!!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed so much at your story, Samantha. I'm glad Miss Chalmers the Shark only eats coral and fish! Your use of ellipses is great - the ending was so funny and really made an impact.

      Delete