Wednesday, 15 October 2014

The Discovery of Freddy the Frog

Something very exciting happened in Room 15 today. I was busy pottering away in the classroom at lunch time when Keelyn came racing over. She knocked on the window and motioned for me to come quickly! She said "Quick, Miss Chalmers! We found a frog! Bring your camera!" We both ran as fast we could. Over in the flax bushes outside the office, we found the most extraordinary frog. It was beautiful! Keelyn, Jaime, Samantha and Keira write about finding the frog while they were outside telling stories together. They typed their recounts up themselves (although Miss Chalmers did edit for spelling and punctuation) for you all to read.




We were telling stories when I said "Look! A frog!" we glared at it. I raced to Mrs Bailey. "Is it a frog?" Mrs Bailey asked. "Don't touch it, it could be poisonous" she told us. I called it Freddy. He's cute. - By Jaime

While Jaime was getting Mrs Bailey, I said to Keira "Sound the Frog Alarm!!!!". Keira was funny saying "Neenoo, neenooo". After that we stared at the frog. It was really creepy. At first we did not think it was real. We thought it might be fake. But then we saw it blink and breathe. We were really excited. When Miss Chalmers reached us, she took lots of photos. - By Samantha


As quick as a flash, I rushed to Miss Chalmers. I said "Miss Chalmers, I need you QUICK!". She said "I'm a little bit busy, but okay". We rushed to the office so she could take some photos. We all call the frog Freddy. Just then the music started playing and we had to go back to Room 15 - By Keelyn


Riiiiibet! The Froggy (Freddy) looked fragile and very delicate. His skin looked like a light dirty green colour. Oooh my gosh, I found out that his skin could be poisonous! I think this frog might be very rare. I wonder how it got there? "It looks like a swamp frog" said Jaime. Riiiiiibet! It sounded so creepy. Freddy is really odd. - By Keira



4 comments:

  1. The girls were super excited today about the frog. Thanks Miss Chalmers for grabbing the pics. How incredible he is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a very handsome looking frog! Didn't Keira use some wonderful language to describe him? I guess he does look "delicate" and "fragile" to big 7 year old humans!

      Delete
  2. Wow super interesting girls. In 9 years I've never seen a frog at school, how about that! Jaime I loved how you used the word 'glared' in your story. This was super describing and more powerful than using the word 'looked'. I think it's really funny that you called him "Freddy". I wonder where he 'hopped' off too? Have you seen him again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I was at a course today with a teacher who visited our school last week. She saw the frog hiding in the flax too! I told her all about our girls who have formed a "frog protection club" - I think Jaime, Sam, Keelyn and Keira are a little bit famous now!

      Delete